Blur Effect in Flash 8.0
Learn how to blur images in Flash 8.0 using the in-built blur filter. The download .fla is included at the end of the tutorial.
1. You need to have Flash
Player 8.0 installed to view the Flash animation.
2. You need Flash 8.0 to get the in-built blur filter
Step 1: Import an image and create a movie clip
Steps to Follow :
- Open Flash 8.0. Select New/Flash Document.
- Import the image you would like to blur by clicking on File/Import to Stage and select the image.
- Select the image on the stage and choose Modify/Convert To Symbol. Name the symbol blur and choose Movie Clip as Type.
Step 2: Create the blur effect
- Select the blur symbol on the stage.
- In the Properties Inspector, choose the Filters tab
- Click on the '+' icon and choose Blur.
- Choose 100 for Blur X and Blur Y and Quality as Medium.
Step 3: Create the animation
- In the timeline window right click on the 50th frame choose insert keyframe. Select the movie clip and change the blur filter X and Y values to 0 to remove the blur effect.
- Select any frame between Frames 1 and 50 and
select Motion from the tween pop-up menu in the Property inspector.
- Press Ctrl+S to save your changes.
Press Ctrl+Enter to view your
You can also blur only the X coordinates by removing the lock icon in the filters inspector and changing Blur X to 100 and Blur Y to 0. The effect can be seen below. You can try different blur effects by simply adjusting the blur X and blur Y values.
Download the .fla
Please Like, Tweet, Share or Comment on this page if you found this tutorial/resource useful!
No portion of these materials may be reproduced in any manner whatsoever, without the express written consent of Entheos. Any unauthorized use, sharing, reproduction or distribution of these materials by any means, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise is strictly prohibited.